Cosmelan Chemical Peel Treatment
Cosmelan is a time-tested and successful treatment for all skin types and ages. Brown spots bother a vast number of the population in Toronto.Cosmelan is a unique combination of active ingredients that the company keeps under the trademark. MedVSPA has set a customized protocol for the Cosmelan program.
Brighter lighter skin with Cosmelan
Cosmelan has been used for years and came to North America from Europe. It has effectively given our patients some of the highest levels of pigment reduction available in a topical formulation.
Cosmelan is a power-level treatment program developed especially for the reduction of
- Brown spots
- Skin discoloration
- Hormonal hyperpigmentation
Peel performed in-office only.
Take the worry out of the peeling process
All types of melasma and dark spots
Fast results in as little as two weeks
Compatible with light and dark skin types (Fitzpatrick I — VI)
Treatment works all year round.
Very effective for acne patients
Includes retinoic acid for cell turnover and renewal
High safety margin
What to expect after the peel?
Expect a slight peeling and redness — that’s all normal! Cosmelan will cause mild to moderate peeling and redness in the first 3 to 5 days. To make the peeling time shorter, we do microdermabrasion before the treatment.
*Note: You MUST protect your skin with sunblock to prevent hyperpigmentation.
Preliminary information needed for you:
Necessary: All treatments with glycolic acid must be stopped entirely at least one week before using Cosmelan® Depigmentation treatment.
Only medical offices administer Cosmelan Depigmentation treatment in Toronto. According to the guidelines, you must use support products at home daily and not interrupt the treatment.
Please, use SPF. Failure to maintain proper use of sunscreen and support products may allow the reactivation of pigment production cycles.
Please, do not combine Cosmelan Depigmentation with any other depigmentation treatments.
No treatment guarantees the complete removal of undesirable pigmentation. Please know we will do the best possible on your behalf but do set your expectations realistically.
Active ingredients — Cosmelan® Pack
1. Degreasing Solution :Aqua, Acetone — to clean the skin and prepare it for the peel
2. Cosmelan 1 — Cream (10g): Retinoic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Kojic Acid, Phytic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Arbutine, Licorice Extract, Salicylic Acid, Retinol Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, mesoestetic®, Tocopherol, Bisabolol, Allantoin, Nicotonomide, Alo Babadensis, Titanium Dioxide — dark spots ”eriser”
3. Cosmelan 2 — Maintenance: Cream (30g) Titanium Dioxide, Kojic Acid, Phytic Acid, Ascorbic Acid mesoestetic® — home care for spots “erising”
4. Hydra Vital Factor K Cream (50ml): Hydro nutritional cream for Face and neck. Hydroviton, Vitamin K, Vitamin E, Amniotic fluid, Glycerine, Silicone oil intensive hydration.
- Application of Degreasing Solution
- Application of Cosmelan 1 cream
- Cosmelaaan post treaatmen
First and Second day
- During the first three to five days of the treatment, the skin might peel and be red.
- The patient may experience an itching feeling if the skin is sensitive.
- Slight burning and skin tightening are expected, especially during the first few hours after starting the treatment.
- Apply the mesoestetic® Hydra-vital factor to relieve these problems
Reddening of the Skin
The reddening on the Face after applying the mesoestetic® Cosmelan is normal and expected.
Flaking and Peeling
Between the second and third day, flaking and peeling will occur on all skin types (and more intensely in photo types I and II. When the flaking is most intense, it is advisable to apply the Mesoestetic® Hydra-vital factor K cream, repeating this cream every two hours during the day.
Fifth and Sixth day
When peeling is complete, you will notice much smoother skin. After the fifth or sixth day, your skin will be calmer, and you should see some initial pigmentation fading.
Home Treatment – Cosmelan® 2 Maintenance Cream
- Clean Face completely every time mesoestetic® Cosmelan 2 is applied.
- Apply a thin layer of mesoestetic® Cosmelan 2 all over the face mask style, with a light, circular movement using a cotton tip.
- Apply mesoestetic® Hydra-vital factor K to the Face with a light, circular motion 15 minutes after applying mesoestetic® Cosmelan 2 cream.
Three criteria are significant for Cosmelan activity:
- The temperature of Cosmelan storage
- The temperature of the Cosmelan delivery process
- Cosmelan expiration date
MedVSpa asks for 50% Cosmelan treatment prepayment to be safe with the abovementioned risks.